Posted by Kevin Brkal
CONVERT GOOGLE+ BRAND PAGE TO GOOGLE+ LOCAL
One of the most annoying things about Google+ brand pages is that you are not able to convert them to a local verified business without going through a few confusing steps. I wanted to put together this article to offer users a step by step guide on how to accomplish this tricky task in as little time as possible. As you are aware having a Google+ brand page and a Google+ Local listing page for the same business is a total waste and you may have signed up for a Brand page without even knowing that you needed a storefront page for your local small business.
Lets get started with the process so you can get on your way to improving your local SEO by combining your Google+ brand data with a local listing.
- In order to get started the first thing you will want to do is login to your Google My Business account. At this point you will see your Google+ brand page which probably has a few followers and a great deal of posts.
- At this point since your Brand page does not have the verified listing mark you will actually need to click on the Get your page button on the top right.
- You will want to select Storefront as the type and then enter in your business information and search. If you find it then go through the verification process if not enter in your location details and start the verification process.
- After that you will head on back to the Google My Business dashboard and you will see your new local listing. You will need to wait for the PIN to arrive which can take up to 2 weeks.
- As soon as the PIN from Google arrives in the mail (USPS) you will go back to Google My Business and then click on the local listing and enter in the PIN.
- At this point your new Storefront page should be verified and you should see a nice green check mark with Verified next to it.
- Now click on the gear icon and select settings and scroll all the way down on that settings page and click on Connect a different page
- Find the Google+ brand page from the drop down and click on next and then you should be all set!
At this point you should see your Google+ brand page has been converted to a verified local listing. You will also see the previous storefront page you created is now called Backup of. you can go and delete that page.